Thursday, August 12, 2010

Took FireGirl to the (hopefully) new house last night

Things are still moving forward, albeit more slowly than I would have liked.

They've accepted all of the paperwork we've sent in, without any negative comments (so far). Just waiting to get the rest of the documentation from our contractor (we're getting a rehabilitation loan), and then we should be able to set a closing date.

The contractors are coming to our current house Saturday morning, to fix the wiring issue. And once that's done, and we get the appraisal done, we should be able to close on selling that house.

Saturday is also our moving sale, so pray that lots of people come by & buy our things for decent prices.

So I decided that I want to take FireGirl to the new house a minimum of once a week to let her run around and explore and start her getting used to it. I'm hoping it will make the transition easier for her.

I think it's working. We walked in and I said "Where's your new room?" and she ran down the hallway to what will be her new room. Yeah, I think she gets it. As much as she can anyway.

Oh, and while we were there FireMan came up with a new, awesome idea for how to re-do the kitchen. Don't remember if I've mentioned it before, but the kitchen is in a really odd layout. It's odd how it's laid out in the house, and the kitchen itself has kind of a weird layout. Just odd. And tiny. We've had a couple of ideas, from the simple to the complex (tearing out partial walls, etc). But this idea... I think it's the best yet. I don't want to give too much away, because I'm hoping to one day post before & after pics.

That's about it for now. Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...