Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rough week. Already.

So, I've already told you about my disappointing Sunday. And big surprise, but that day ended with a fight with FireMan.

So then yesterday morning, I get an email from our loan officer, detailing the THIRTEEN additional things that we have to do IN TWO DAYS in order to close before our contract expires. I'll be going over the details on my other blog.

Then at work, we have a business conditions review, and they talk for a good ten minutes on everything their doing for team members. Team members have already gotten a bonus back. Team members will be getting regular wage increases again in the coming year. Everything they're doing is to ensure the job security of their team members. I don't know if you remember or not, but I'm a "temp". So none of this pertains to me. I haven't gotten a bonus since I came here six years ago. Temps are still on a 5% pay cut. Definitely not even talking about wage increases. And job security? Well... I'm a temp. What does that tell you?

Six years of being a temp. I love the people I work with, but the company as a whole treats us like crap.

I walked out of the meeting. And I was the one running the presentation. Just walked out. I decided I had better things to do with my time then sit here listening to people talk about pay & benefits & awesomeness that doesn't pertain to me, and subsequently leads me to feel worse about myself.

No one said anything. They know I'm not happy being a temp. Some of them are even sympathetic. But no one's doing anything about it, are they?

So... so far it's a rough week.

Tonight my parents are keeping FireGirl overnight. Which can be a respite in and of itself, but also breaks my heart. I hate when she's not at home with me. Hate it. Every time. I miss her.

And FireMan is working.

So I'll be home. Alone.

Don't get me wrong, I'll get a lot done. I'm always more productive when I have the house to myself.

But I'm also lonely.

Rough week. Already.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...