Monday, August 9, 2010

And so it begins...

FireGirl really enjoys the nursery at church. Oh sure, she didn't at first, didn't want to leave Mom & Dad. And she still has her moments where she cries when we drop her off. But overall, she likes it.

But yesterday, well yesterday made me sad.

For the first time ever, anywhere, she didn't want to come to us.

She would rather stay & play in the nursery, than run to Mommy & Daddy's arms.
Sigh.

I know that will only be the first of many, many more times to come. And... well... that makes me sad.

My little girl is growing up.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

It's never too late, and I was *just* saying this to my husband yesterday. About myself. That I've lost my fearlessness. I never used to be tentative about things, but would jump in where I knew not, making it up as I went along. 2 kids and 10 years of marriage later, I'm a chicken. I don't know that it's connected in any real way to kids/husband, but I do wish I know where I left that mojo, and how to get it back. I'm told it *is* possible to change how we view past experiences, so that they don't shape it quite so much. Personally I'm on a therapist hunt to see if such can be done for me :). Wishing you the best in finding the old you!
Bethany (www.sanemoms.com)

Bethany said...

doh, left this on the wrong post, sorry! Was obviously meant for the previous one ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...